Registration Information 2020-2021

Registration Information
People Registering

Kindergarten and TK

Enrollment for Kindergarten/TK for 2020-2021 begins on February 3rd.  Knob Hill provides full day Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten, so there is no lottery. 

Enrollment for new 1st - 5th grade students will begin on April 20th.  

Registration Information

You may request registration information through the following form:
TK Registration Form

Kindergarten Registration Form

1st - 5th Grade Registration

State Education Code requirements (prior to entry into school)

  1. Birth Certificate: Children must be five years old on or before September 1, 2020, to be eligible for Kindergarten (Birthdays between September 2nd and December 2nd are eligible for Transitional Kindergarten)
  2. Immunization Records: State law requires that an immunization document be completed. NOTE: Children must be immunized even if they are not yet five years old in order to start in August 2020
  3. Health Physical Examination: All students enrolling are also required to have a "Report Of Health Check-Up For School Entry" form prior to the start of school. If your child has a physical prior to February 2020 a second physical will be necessary prior to entry into the 1st grade. If you are unable to obtain a health check-up prior to registration, written proof of an appointment from a physician is required. Your packet will not be considered complete without proof of an appointment
  4. Dental Health Assessment: California law, Education Code Section 4945.8, now requires that your child have an oral assessment (dental check-up) by their first day of class in school. Dental assessments completed up to 12 months before your child enters school also meet this requirement. If you are unable to obtain a dental check-up prior to registration, written proof of an appointment from a dentist is required. Your packet will be not be considered complete without proof of an appointment
  5. Proof of Residency: All students enrolling in San Marcos schools are required to present two documents as proof of residency within the specified attendance area of the San Marcos Unified School District. If you reside with someone and utilities are not in your name, an Affidavit of Residence is required along with two appropriate documents


Proof of Residency:

Category 1

  • Mortgage Statement
  • Rental Receipt
  • Lease Agreement

Category 2

  • Utility Bill (SDGE/ Water/Cable)
  • Voter Registration

Registration Hours by appointment during June.  (The office is closed during the month of July)


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.